My son and I have a habit.
Whenever we encounter a pain au chocolat somewhere, we try it.
You would think this would be one of the safest pastry experiments possible.
Flaky bread.
Chocolate.
How exactly do you get that wrong?
Apparently, in quite a number of ways. 😆 (Just type pain au chocolat on my search bar and you’ll find out.)
We’ve had pain au chocolat that looked beautiful but barely had enough chocolate inside to justify the name. We’ve had others where the pastry itself simply wasn’t very good. And we’ve had some that were perfectly fine but completely forgettable.
Which always brings us back to this one.
The pain au chocolat from Lartizan.
I’ve already waxed poetic about it before, so I won’t pretend this is a new discovery.
This is simply our favorite, encountered in the wild.
And look at it.
It’s big.
There’s actually enough chocolate inside that you get chocolate throughout the pastry instead of spending half your time searching for it.
It’s delicious.
And at ₱155, the price makes sense to me because I feel like I’m actually getting something substantial for it.
We’ve tried every pain au chocolat we’ve encountered since discovering this one.
Some have been good.
Some have made us wonder, once again, how anyone managed to get bread + chocolate wrong.
But so far?
Lartizan remains undefeated. 🥐🏆
——
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


Comments
Post a Comment