There was a stretch when I was so exhausted that even weekends didn’t feel particularly restful.
So I developed a little system.
Whenever I ordered food, I ordered extra.
I told you about this in a previous post.
Not necessarily because we needed more food that day, but because Future Me was going to need feeding, too.
And on this particular Sunday morning, Future Me was very grateful.
I still had some mamon from Mary Grace, so breakfast was simple: luncheon meat and mamon. Nothing elaborate. Nothing that required much thought. Exactly what I needed.
Mary Grace describes their mamon as butter chiffon infused with bright notes of orange and lemon.
And you really can taste the citrus.
I was intrigued when I read the description. I love citrusy desserts and pastries. I just knew this will work.
And it does.
The orange and lemon are noticeable without taking over. Underneath all that brightness, it’s still unmistakably mamon: soft, buttery, light, and comforting.
Just mamon with a little citrus twist.
And paired with salty luncheon meat?
Very good.
Sweet, buttery, citrusy, salty.
More importantly, breakfast was on the table with almost no effort from me.
Sometimes taking care of yourself looks like cooking something beautiful from scratch.
And sometimes it looks like ordering extra mamon because you already know Sunday Morning You is going to be tired.
I’m learning to take care of her, too.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment