Remember when I discovered Dunkin’ Donuts on my food app?
Well, I also discovered the rest of their menu.
And one of those was this lychee smoothie.
We love lychees.
And we love smoothies.
It’s been a while since I last made them.
Mainly because I keep forgetting to buy lychees.
Oh, wait a minute!
I actually have a bag of frozen lychees in the freezer! 😆
Anyway, so one day I was working at the atelier for this huge order I got.
And I needed a quick lunch.
I told my son that we should try the sandwiches next time and this was next time so the sandwiches went into the digital cart.
Along with this lychee smoothie.
There were only two options on the app: large and extra large.
I’m more of a small drinks girl, but I had no choice so, tap.
The order arrived.
I didn’t think I’d be able to finish it, but it was so light and refreshing that I found myself scraping the bottom after about an hour (or more. Of course I couldn’t finish this quickly.)
I also like the fact that it wasn’t too sweet and I could really taste the bits of lychee.
I like it when they use real fruit and not rely on sugar syrup.
I kept reaching for this while working at the atelier.
I normally zone out when I’m creating and having this big cup as a reminder to take occasional breaks did wonders for my ADHD brain and nervous system.
This “very little” (because it’s just a fruit drink and not a cake or pastry) dessert was the perfect reward for that long atelier day.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment

Comments
Post a Comment