Last month to early this month was brutal for me in terms of energy allotment. I was just always exhausted.
It didn’t help that the weather kept changing. I kept waking up to harsh winds and heavy rains. That’s really hard on me.
So I found myself availing food delivery more than I’d like.
But sometimes, I get a delivery that is healthier than conventional fast food, is delicious, hits the spot, and just saves the day…and my sanity.
Fili Beef Sandwich
When I order, I usually order extra to take advantage of the delivery fee, so this was a big order.
The sandwich above was okay. Nothing seems to be memorable. We ate it, it tasted good, and that was it.
This is Filipino carbonara. My son and his dad like it.
I have a love-hate relationship with their bread. Sometimes it’s too garlicky that it gives me gas. Sometimes it’s too tough to tear/chew.
This is my favorite seafood pasta. Sometimes they also put too much garlic in this that I end up burping for hours! Good thing I remembered to note to go easy on the garlic.
Can’t believe they added this closed clam. It was closed, my fingers just moved the shell that’s why it looks a little open. I’m very strict with my clams.
Everything was for sharing so I got a little of the carbonara, too.
This is mango mousse. I’m not a fan. The mango had that weird artificial mango taste that reminds of those mango flavor shots like Torani.
I’m also very picky with mango-based food. I love Philippine mangoes and they’re my standard.
And chocolate mousse.
I’m a huge fan of chocolate mousse. KFC used to have this really good chocolate mousse. It was so good when I was a child that I always asked for it. A little frozen, a little sweet, a little bitter. It was perfect.
Then KFC changed the recipe and eventually replaced it with brownies. The brownies are good, too, but I prefer the OG mousse.
My archive is filled with home cooked meals, sometimes made from scratch, but I’ve accepted the fact that I need help from time to time and that there’s nothing wrong with getting takeout when the day calls for it.
And this particular takeout definitely saved my day.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment










Comments
Post a Comment