One day after my son’s piano lesson, we decided to get KFC to go.
I was already hungry, and there was nothing waiting at home that I could simply reheat. So fried chicken and rice sounded perfect.
And I was very specific about my order.
Original Recipe.
I tapped it on the screen on the self-serve kiosk.
Then the cashier called me and I saw that she put it on dine-in baskets. So I said that it was for takeout. And that there should only be one spicy plate.
I said 2 orders of original recipe. 1 order of spicy.
I said it four times.
Four. 😂
Because she can’t seem to get it right. She kept saying 2 spicy.
We got our food, went home, and I finally sat down to eat.
Then I discovered she had given me spicy chicken.
Of course.
At that point, I was really hungry. There was nothing else to reheat, and I absolutely did not want to order another meal and wait another 30 minutes for it to arrive.
So I did the only thing that made sense at the time.
I performed surgery on my fried chicken. 😂
I sometimes react to spicy food and I didn’t want to risk it that day because I was also tired and so my body couldn’t fight back properly.
Most of the spice was concentrated in the coating, so I started removing the skin and breading from the pieces.
Which was slightly tragic because the crispy skin is one of the reasons I wanted fried chicken in the first place.
But hunger won.
I ate what I could, with my rice, gravy and coleslaw, while a small pile of rejected spicy chicken skin accumulated on my plate.
Was this the KFC meal I ordered?
Absolutely not.
Did I manage to turn it into lunch anyway?
Yes.
Sometimes takeout saves me from cooking.
Sometimes it gives me a small project instead.🙄
—-
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment


Comments
Post a Comment