There was a time when my mom kept bringing home savory pastries from Conti’s.
I used to eat them quite happily, until I started finding the ham and cheese particularly salty.
Then somehow, they all started tasting too salty to me.
So I stopped buying them.
For quite a while, actually.
Then one day after shopping, I found myself at Conti’s again and decided perhaps enough time had passed.
The ham and cheese was sold out, unfortunately, so I bought two other savory pastries instead.
One was beef.
And I believe the other one was tuna.
I say believe because I apparently took photos but neglected to leave my future self proper documentation. 😆
The surprising thing?
They weren’t nearly as salty as I remembered.
In fact, they were actually quite good.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the beef. It was perfectly okay, but there was something about the filling that didn’t quite work for me.
The other pastry, though, I enjoyed.
And after we’d gotten home from shopping, they were exactly the sort of snack I wanted. Something savory and substantial enough to tide us over, served with a pitcher of cold mango juice.
Present food included in the shopping, of course.
Because apparently buying food and then coming home to eat food is simply part of the itinerary. 😏
I’m glad I tried these again.
Sometimes I stop buying something because one experience puts me off, and then years later I discover that either the food has changed or I have.
Next time, though, I’m going back for the ham and cheese.
Assuming everyone else hasn’t gotten there first.
——
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment



Comments
Post a Comment