My homecooked meal bliss lasted for one day.
Just one day.
The next day, I was drowning in atelier work again.
So, I ordered Crystal Prawn Congee from North Park, which I totally forgot to photograph.
For lunch, I got this sandwich from Dunkin’ and my favorite lychee smoothie. This is a bacon sandwich, if memory serves right.
I found this very interesting - the “Catsup” printed on the packet. Because I grew up with ketchup spelled this way - catsup. So, I showed my son. I told him that this was the old school way of spelling this non-Newtonian liquid.
That catsup packet made me smile.
Heinz embraced the ketchup spelling to highlight the purity of their product in the late19th century. And then everyone else followed. So now we have ketchup instead of catsup.
Still.. nostalgia.
Anyway, so while I was having lunch, I glanced at my other table and saw this:
The chips from my congee breakfast! It had been sitting there for hours! 😆
Poor chips.
My son and I also discovered a new kind of chips that day from Taters:
I’ve accepted the fact that sometimes, we don’t need elaborate meals.
The important thing is to get fed and not sleep on an empty stomach.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Today? Sandwiches were enough.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment






Comments
Post a Comment