Remember these? Well, after my ingredient prep, I started prepping lunch using these dishes that we got at S&R.
These are roasted pork belly and grilled salmon head.
Let’s talk about th pork belly first. The skin was crunchy, the meat was tender. However, I didn’t like that it had an aftertaste. There was too much herbs and spices in this that I didn’t enjoy. I like simple, clean-tasting pork belly. It competed with everything else on the table. It was also a little too bland for my taste.
The grilled salmon head was okay. There was nothing special about it. And that made me understand why they included a sachet of Lee Kum Kee soy sauce in the tray. Would have been better with calamansi, though.
I think I was too tired to get calamansi, that’s why I just used the soy sauce.
We finished the salmon heads, but not the pork belly.
While those two were reheating in the oven, I cooked some miso soup. It was a rainy day and I was craving soup. And miso soup + salmon are always good in my book.
Here’s everything that I served that day.
There’s guyabano juice in the pitcher, some munchkins from Dunkin’ and the cannolis from Cibo. The heart bowls contained soy sauce and vinegar.
Will I buy the pork belly and/or grilled salmon head again? No.
Did I regret buying them? No. They fed us when we were tired. And that was enough.
—
I’ll set the table again soon.
Lady E
Founder, Lady E Eats
Where food becomes story, and every table holds a moment






Comments
Post a Comment